Monday, April 20, 2009

Twittering

What the hell is a twitter? Someone please explain to me why writing every thought you have during the day is necessary. Maybe I'm getting old and am starting to understand why old people start falling behind in technology, because this just seems like the dumbest fab I've ever heard of. If I twittered, here would be a recap of my day:

7:55 Alarm sounds, and as I lift my head off the pillow it takes about .03 seconds before I start realizing I'm in for another day of wasting my life away at a pointless, dead-end job.

8:05 Brush my teeth, shave, shower. Maybe sing a little bit? Who knows, but the shower is the highlight of my day until 5:30.

8:20 Eat breakfast. Sometimes it's cereal, sometimes it's a donut. Either way, my stomach is expanding. Just another thing to worry about now.

8:30 Drive to work. Well, not drive so much as sit in traffic. DC is AWESOME!

9:00 Arrive at work and proceed to check MLB scoreboards, Fantasy teams, CNN headlines, Blogs, and basically anything else I fell behind on this weekend.

9:30 Hate my life for the next 8 hours.

5:30 Sneak out of work so my boss doesn't corner me and ask if I'm caught up for the day. It's quite a life I lead.

6:00 Arrive at home after being miserable in traffic, wishing I could put the top down on my convertible without having to endure gas fumes for 30 minutes in traffic.

6:01 Am greeting in my apartment but my girlfriend and puppy, instantly forgetting the crappy day I had.

6:10 Take the dog for a walk, hope that the weather is nice.

7:00 Eat dinner that Leigh most likely cooked because when I cook I don't "count calories." Whatever, win win.

7:30 Watch Seinfeld. I don't think I've seen this one more than 10 times, turn it up!!

8:00 Watch some sort of reality show, doesn't really matter which one. Usually the Pirates game will be playing on the laptop as well. Nothing better than flushing 80 bucks down the toilet to watch them lose (note: they are .500 right now, so it could be worse).

10:00 Head to the bedroom. Maybe I get lucky, we seem to be doing pretty well with that still even after almost 2 years.

11:00 Leigh falls asleep and I finally get some time to myself. I usually spend most of it now either playing Fallout 3, which I am obsessed with, or reading the unedited version of THE STAND, which is over 1100 pages. I think I've been reading it since late February and am only on like page 750. It's getting pretty good though, so it's cool.

12:00 Wash, Rinse, and Repeat. Wouldn't you love to hear about this everyday??

Twittering is stupid, unless you live a more interesting life than I do, which you most likely do.

6 comments:

jason's sense of said...

how it fallout 3? what is it like?

if i were to twitter... it would be like this...

7:45 wake up
8:30 arrive work
8:30am-10pm inevitibly ruining someone's day/life, which they undoubtedly earned
10pm nhl 2009 and spend time with my 90lb, 8 month old puppy
11pm do some more work
1 am sleep

but i would like to announce every time i did something fun, like got on a private jet, but...

who in the real world cares about my life this much. and who cares about ashton kutcher that much either...

J Offord said...

Yea I could care less about the daily going-ons of celebrities. I can see how some people would though...

Fallout 3 is great. It is basically Oblivion except in the future instead of the middle ages. I like this one better because of the targeting system. I just couldn't get into Oblivion because aiming was ticking me off.

And..that's a big dog! What kind? My is almost 11 months, and only weighs close to 50. She's about done growing thankfully, because our apartment is not that large.

The Gideon said...

I hate twitter. I'm not 100% sure why. This hatred is so absolute, though, that I also develop hatred for the users of said network. The whole process just reeks of narcissism. Now, I'm not exactly what one would call humble, but hypocrite just happens to be my middle name.

And since everyone else is doing it:

5:15 - First alarm goes off -> Ignored
5:30 - Second alarm goes off -> Ignored
5:40 - Wake up / shower
6:00 - Leave for work
7:00 - Arrive at work. Proceed to investigate what the internets were up to in my absence.
5:30-6:00 - Either get home and watch PTI or get home and turn on the 360 before I even take off my coat, depending on the time.
6:01 - Hardcore gaming (currently plowing through speed runs of Resident Evil 5)
8:00-10:00 - Switch to prime time TV is something is on (be it TV show, sports, or movie)
10:00-12:00 - Hardcore gaming: the sequel.
12:00-1:00 - Proceed to investigate what the internets were up to in my absence (includes review of the nights box scores).

btw, it may seem like a lot of gaming is occurring, but that's mainly because i'm still living at home and want to plow through my entire backlog before moving out, since my hours will severely diminish at that point (dang women).

J Offord said...

Once a girl and a dog is involved, your gaming time slots will turn to "cuddling" or "talking" or "taking walks". Your 12-1 time slot will be your only sanctuary...

jason's sense of said...

he's a mix between a white german shepherd and a golden retriever.

my time slots are not taken up by women. they are taken up by people doing stupid things.

i have no desire to have random conversation or cuddle. which is why i am single.

jason's sense of said...

and i only walk where work, or a baseball is involved. like i only run where there is a baseball or a football. and i only skate where there are pucks...