Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Riddles Riddles Riddles

Here are the answers to last weeks riddles. Obviously some of you came up with answers that fit as well.

1. Carpet
2. Fire
3. A cold
4. A nose
5. A match
6. Corn
7. A stamp
8. Towel
9. Darkness
10. Stars
11. A mushroom
12. A sponge
13. A mirror
14. A ring
15. Footsteps
16. Breath
17. Glove
18. River
19. Splinter
20. Light
21. A hole
22. Silence
23. Railroad
24. Four men in a dance band
25. Jack and Jill are goldfish.

Results:
Offord-12
Adam-16
Greg-14
Josh-14
Gideon-10
Kern-9

I will give Kern credit for 25, since the wording is not quite how I remember hearing it before when I was in school. If I am not mistaken it should go something like this "Jack and Jill are lying on the floor inside the house, dead. They died from lack of water. There is shattered glass next to them, yet the floor is all wet. How is this possible?" No big deal I guess...anyways, on to the second part.

1. Why don't lobsters share?
2. A barrel of water weighs 20 pounds. What must you add to it to make it weigh 12 pounds?
3. Big as a biscuit, deep as a cup, Even a river can't fill it up. What is it?
4. Clara Clatter was born on December 27th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?
5. He has married many women but has never married. Who is he?
6. If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch?
7. If you have it, you want to share it. If you share it, you don't have it. What is it?
8. You can't keep this until you have given it.
9. Take off my skin, I won't cry, but you will. What am I?
10. What book was once owned by only the wealthy, but now everyone can have it? You can't buy it in a bookstore or take it from the library.
11. What can go up and come down without moving?
12. What do you fill with empty hands?
13. What do you serve that you can't eat?
14. What do you throw out when you want to use it but take in when you don't want to use it?
15. What goes up and never comes down?
16. What has a foot on each side and one in the middle?
17. What has to be broken before it can be used?
18. What kind of coat can be put on only when wet?
19. What question can you never answer "yes" to?
20. What's the greatest worldwide use of cowhide?
21. Which is correct to say, "The yolk of the egg are white?" or "The yolk of the egg is white?"
22. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I?

10 comments:

J Offord said...

I think I had 14 if you count answers that are right but not the accepted "correct" answers, but whatever. I'm deducting a half point from your standings for your Pirates' answer not being completely partly correct.

Ngewo said...

Haha, what other ones did you think deserved credit? If you can convince me, then yeah I will give it to you.

J Offord said...

Obviously Midget in a Satellite deserves a point...but I'm unsre which you didn't give me credit for. Let me go over some of the "incorrect" ones I think should count:

#1. A railing is basically the same as carpet, and I would argue that railings are more common than carpet on stairs.

#4. A refrigerated runs, if it's a pun you're after it works just as well as nose.

#15. The more "Time" you take to do something, the more you leave behind. That works right? Maybe that one is pushing it...

#20. And laughter can obviously fill a room, it's a saying right?

That should give me at least 1 more point. I obviously take this very seriously, haha. I will have some answers for today's quiz shortly...

Ngewo said...

I gave you credit for 1 & 4. The time one is really pushing it. We could argue relativity for hours with that one. I will think about the laughter one.

Ngewo said...

Here are my guesses:
1.
2. Holes
3.
4. She lives in the southern hemisphere
5. a priest
6. Roosters do not lay eggs
7. A secret
8. A promise
9. Onion
10. phonebook
11. temperature
12. gloves
13.
14.
15.
16. a yardstick
17. an egg
18. coat of paint
19. are you asleep?
20. cows skin
21. yolk are yellow
22. telephone

I think some of these were easier, or my brain adjusted to this thinking.

J Offord said...

1 Just beclaws. Ha, I dunno.
2 A hole
3 A cup with a hole in it?
4 She lives in the Southern Hemisphere
5 A priest
6 Roosters don't lay eggs
7 A Secret
8 A Promise
9 Onion
10 Checkbook?
11 Stock market? Emotions?
12 Gloves
13 A Tennis Ball
14 Fishing Line
15 A midget in a satellite?
16 Dirk Digler?
17 Those glow stick things
18 Coat of sweat? Ew..
19 This one
20 Cows…because they need their skin to live
21 The yolk of the egg is white
22 The Phone

J Offord said...

LOL. Just read your answers...#21 got me good...

Anonymous said...

Which ones did I get wrong?? Cuz I think I should've gotten more than 16...

Anyway...

1. they're shellfish. i heard this before, or maybe saw it on a popsicle stick.
2. holes? any riddle like this one from now on, i'm guessing holes
3. a colander
4. she lives in the southern hemisphere?
5. priest
6. roosters don't lay eggs, ya silly sally
7. shhhhh.... secret
8. promise
9. onion
10. phonebook
11. temperature
12. eat 'n park latex gloves unless you're chris pierce
13. i serve suckas on the dance floor and on the blacktop, but i think you're lookin for a volleyball or ping pong ball or tennis ball... one of those
14. ?
15.if you asked this a few months ago, i would've said gas prices... haha, how bout your age?
16. ?
17. an egg
18. a coat of paint or stain
19. "either-or questions". or How old are you?
20. ?
21. yolk is yellow
22. el telefono

Unknown said...

my guesses for the second...part?

1.
2. A hole a little higher than half way up.
3.
4.She lives in the southern hemisphere
5.he's a priest
6.roosters don't lay eggs
7.nothing or the neighborhood whore
8.someone's heart for the sentimental folk. a.k.a love for those believers out there.
9.onion
10.the book of wicca? the bible? Or for a serious answer I'll say checkbook.
11.temperature
12.gloves
13.guests
14.a boat
15.kacies boner
16.a yard
17.egg
18.are you wet or the coat itself...if you're wet a raincoat, if wet itself, paint...a coat of paint.
19.the question not asked
20.are there more cows in the world than leather coats, if so i say cows, if not i say the smart people who don't believe animals are equal to humans.
21.neither, yolk isn't white
22.a phone call.

The Gideon said...

1. They're selfish
2. A hole in the side
3. Pipe
4. Shes australian
5. Priest
6. Yellow?
7. Herpes
8. Your word
9. Onion
10. Matchbook
11. Penis
12. An order for eggs benny
13. Tennis ball
14. Cheese
15. Steam
16. Bar stool
17. Egg
18. Paint
19. Is Raj cool?
20. Cow skin
21. Is white
22. Phone