Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Somebody has an itchy trigger finger...

And his name is Neil Huntington. I loved the Hinske trade because I think Garrett Jones is just as good as him for less money, plus we get 2 prospects.

However, news is breaking that Nyjer and my favorite pitcher Sean Burnett are being traded to the Nats for Milledge Lastings (jk) and Joel Hanrahan. Before the season started, I would be jumping for joy right now. However, things have changed as I realized Milledge is a head case, and Hanrahan sucks. However, it was only a matter of time before Burnett crashed and burned, and Nyjer is getting older and doesn't really bring much to the plate other than 'caught stealings.' So, things could be worse...Who replaces Burnett as the second lefty in the pitching staff?

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Ngewo said...

i actually like this trade. remember, milledge is only 24 years old, not like morgan, who is my age...

milledge may just need some good coaching to help get him set straight (how many other players have been labeled head cases and then went somewhere else to flourish?)