Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ambiorix Concepcion


Move over Albert Pujols, take a seat A-Rod, and lets forgot about Manny, the greatest player in baseball is Ambiorix Concepcion. The question you may find yourself asking is, "who the hell is Ambiorix Concepcion?" Right now he is a minor league player for the Orioles, but he is more than that. He may be the savior of this great nation of ours.

He leads the minors right now with 57 home runs, and 200 RBIs. Not too shabby. But that does not even begin to explain his greatness. I recently had the chance to sit down with Ambiorix and ask him a few questions.

Me: Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer a few questions, what should I call you? Ambi? Ambiorix?

Concepcion: Dr. Concepcion will do just fine.

Me: Oh, I was not aware that you were a doctor.

Concepcion: I have two PhDs, one in engineering, the other in economics.

Me: Wow, so my first question is how come you are not starting for the Orioles? You should be breaking all sorts of records up there, instead of playing for Bowie.

Concepcion: I asked the Orioles to allow me to stay in Bowie for the time being while I finish my work for the Obama Administration.

Me: What work is that?

Concepcion: Right now I am involved in a think-tank with physicist Reed Richards, engineer Tony Stark, and industrialist Bruce Wayne. We are working on solving some of the nations biggest problems. We believe that we will solve the energy crisis by the end of the year, and hopefully have free health care in place for everyone.

Me: Sounds like you are a busy guy. When should we expect to see you in an Orioles uniform.

Concepcion: I have told the Orioles I should be ready for the 2011 season, by then we should have those problems fixed and the economy will be turned around due to a few things I have in the works.

Me: Anything I should know about?

Concepcion: Sorry, it is a secret.

Me: Why play baseball at all?

Concepcion: It is what I love, unfortunately duty must go before my own desires. I figure that if I play from 2011 to 2019, I should be able to hit at least 500 home runs, and hopefully make my way into the Hall of Fame.

Me: Wow, those are some lofty goals.

Concepcion: Have you seen me play?

Me: Yes, I recently saw you hit a 600 foot shot over center field at Altoona.

Concepcion: Yeah, that was a check swing.

Me: Well thank you for time Dr. Concepcion, I look forward to seeing you win the Nobel Prize and the MVP.

Concepcion: My pleasure.

As you can you see, he is not just a mere baseball player, but in fact our greatest national treasure.

1 comment:

J Offord said...

Is the Quadruple Crown leading the MLB in Average, Home Runs, RBI's, and Nobel Prizes?