Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Goodbye Jack Flash...and the Other Guy.

As of now, only 6 players remain on the Pirates from last year's beginning of the season roster (with at least 2 sure to go still). The latest to go was Jack Wilson, which automatically means our defense will suffer. Also gone is Snelly, which is not a surprise. He will probably win 8 consecutive Cy Young's now with the Mariners. As for what we got in return, it seems OK. Clement couldn't even beat out Kenji Johjima in Seattle as catcher, Cedeno is a weak bat, and the pitchers are all A ballers. True, 2 of them have decent stats, but was it really worth it? I think it was more about saving money, but we'll see.

Go Bucs!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

clement is actually listed as a first base prospect, and I think cedeno can be a very good short stop in the future. I haven't done any research on the A ballers yet, but I think I'm optomistic.

Any word on the ONE pitching PROSPECT we got out of the sanchez deal...I think it's hilarious we get one pitching prospect from a player who has a ten times better track record for 2 players we traded to get 5 prospects. This pitching prospect better be pretty damn good. Again, this is another player i've done no research on.

BTW! When are we going to be seeing milledge?!

jason's sense of said...

How about offord and the vision... snell and wilson together. he called it at the adam laroche trade.

J Offord said...

Alderson is built up to be good, then I read a Giants blog and a lot of fans say he is overrated and can't throw a fastball over 88...yikes I hope they are wrong.

At least my favorite Pirate is still with the team. I've always been a huge Doumit fan, injuries or not, so I'm glad to see him stay and I hope we lock him up long term. As for the rest of this season...Garrett Jones is probably done being legendary, and everyone else in the order sucks other than sometimes Cutch, so it's going to be a long, cold second half for the Buccos...