Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gamma Squad

Looks like the folks over at FilmDrunk, WarmingGlow, and WithLeather added another site to their community - GammaSquad. The original 3 cover movies, tv, and sports respectively, so I am a huge fan. GammaSquad will cover comics and geeky stuff according to them, so I probably won't be too interested. However, I saw this story when I just headed over there.

I'm not going to say King is beating a dead horse, but I think he would be better served adapting the books there already are into movies/mini series. And why write prequels when there are still so many good ideas out there?

What do you think?

1 comment:

Ngewo said...

I like the idea. I hope the next book focuses on Jake's training. Remember, in Wastelands he is pretty helpless, Gasher kidnaps, Roland rescues him.

In Wizards and Glass, we know that he is becoming a gunslinger, learning little bits, but by Wolves, he is shooting plates out of the air and killing robots.

If King still has plenty of ideas, then he needs to put them down. I thought that was the idea behind the comic series, he would give the writers the ideas and they would flesh it out.