Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New Quiz Day

It's new quiz day here at the pancake. What shall the topic be? Since it is vacation week, I will stay with that theme. I will name a country, you gotta name the capital. NO CHEATING JERKS! And by the way some of these countries are fictional comic book cities and some are ancient empires...

1. Mexico
2. Canada
3. United States (that's a freebie)
4. Panama
5. Jamaica
6. Jordan
7. Iraq
8. Egypt
9. Albania
10. Latveria
11. Madripoor
12. The Persian Empire
13. Ireland
14. Kazakhstan
15. Earth

Last weeks answers:
1. Superman-Clark Kent
2. The Flash-Barry Allen/Wally West/and for a brief time Bart Allen (from this picture I would guess this is the Wally version, but I could be wrong.)
3. Green Lantern-Hal Jordan
4. Batman-Bruce Wayne
5. Wonder Woman-Princess Diana (sometimes uses Diana Prince)
6. Booster Gold-Michael John Carter
7. Animal Man-Buddy Baker
8. Batgirl-Barbara Gordon
9. Captain Atom-Nathaniel Adam
10. Blue Beatle-Ted Kord

Greg won the epic battle with 11 points over Ryan's 7 1/2...that is something to brag about.

5 comments:

J Offord said...

Geography is my thing...at least with real countries...

1. Mexico City
2. Ottawa
3. Washington D.C.
4. Panama City?
5. Kingston
6. Should know...but don't.
7. Baghdad
8. Cairo
9. If anyone gets this without looking it up I will bow down to you.
10. ?
11. ?
12. Istanbul, not sure if that is what it was called them, but I'm fairly sure the Persian's conquered Constantinople..may have been the Ottomans though...I will now look that up.
13. Dublin
14. Almaty? Totally a guess.
15. Hmm, Des Moines?

J Offord said...

Okay let the record show I admit that I was wayyyyy off on Persia...

Anonymous said...

Geography isn't really my thing. Jarrod might know all these, but I sure as hell don't. And I wish I would've guessed the comic book characters, I actually would've gotten the most points on that one... dammit!

But anyway...

1. Mexico City
2. Ottawa (but the capital of Ontario is Toronto... right? Or do I have it backwards??)
3. D.C.
4. Panama City
5. ?
6. Amman (I'm not sure how I knew this, maybe you told me before or after your trip..?)
7. Baghdad (I know this thanks to Outkast's B.O.B. haha)
8. Cairo
9. Not only do I not know the capital, I can't name one city in Albania. I just know it's near Greece.
10. You mean Latvia? Old country? Like the shirt and hat Dad used to wear? haha Anyway, I have no idea.
11. This must be from a comic book.
12. Babylon?
13. Dublin
14. I don't know the capital of glorious nation Kazakhstan.
15. E haha I'm sure you get that, Josh.

I think I got 8, which I'll be happy with.

Greg said...

Holy cow - I won??? I feel like I don't know crap about comics.

The Gideon said...

I've been getting really good at geographical locations, but specificities like this I still don't care for. I just don't see what having this knowledge would be useful for. Though I guess others would say the same about me knowing, say, Sektor's second fatality in Mortal Kombat 3. Or that the code for god mode in the original Turok is NTHGTHDGDCRTDTRK. Different strokes I guess.

Anyways:
1. Mexico City
2. Ontario?
3. D.C.
5. Kingston
8. Cairo?
15. Jersey City