Tuesday, November 11, 2008

NFL Power Rankings - Week 10

Short and sweet this weekend as not too much has changed at the top or at the bottom.

A few notes from the week: PLAY CALLS - it's easy to second guess play calls after the game, but I can recall some absolutely terrible ones this week - yes I'm talking about you Mike Martz/Singletary. That Arizona/49ers game was just downright terrible. Don't get me wrong, it was an exciting end, but it was more of which team will play worse. On the other hand, Kurt Warner once again played great and saved them from an embarrassing loss. More play call foolery took place in Kansas City where some sort of ugly bootleg ended the game for the Chiefs. I mean come on, you have ONE play to make a statement and win a huge game for your franchise, and that is what you call? Sheesh, I could draw up a better play in my sleep. The Steelers game was terrible as well; when they had the lead they should have ran the ball more and took the game out of Ben's hands. Once it was in his, it was over. Never in a season have I noticed more goal line stands, and I have to believe it has a lot to do with the play calls. Coaches, go play some Madden and get it right next time...

Onto the rankings:

1. Tennessee Titans
2. New York Giants
3. Carolina Panthers
4. Washington Redskins
5. Tampa Bay Bucs
6. Indianapolis Colts
7. Pittsburgh Steelers
8. Arizona Cardinals
9. Philadelphia Eagles
10. New England Patriots
11. Baltimore Ravens
12. Dallas Cowboys
13. Atlanta Falcons
14. Chicago Bears
15. Green Bay Packers
16. Denver Broncos
17. New York Jets
18. San Diego Chargers
19. Minnesota Vikings
20. Miami Dolphins
21. Buffalo Bills
22. New Orleans Saints
23. Jacksonville Jaguars
24. Cleveland Browns
25. Houston Texans
26. Seattle Seahawks
27. Kansas City Chiefs
28. St. Louis Rams
29. San Francisco 49ers
30. Cincinatti Bengals
31. Oakland Raiders
32. Detroit Lions

MVP Watch

1. Kurt Warner
2. Drew Brees
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Clinton Portis
5. Philip Rivers
6. Brian Westbrook
7. Peyton Manning
8. Aaron Rodgers
9. Jay Cutler
10. Matt Ryan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it, but i would rank the jets a little higher since they're playing for first place against the patriots this week. If they win are you telling me that they could possibly jump 8 spots in the power rankings? I would also put minnesota higher since they're virtually tied with chicago for the division lead and they have the best runner in the nfl. Who I would put into the MVP hunt, maybe in the top 5, but definitely ahead of aaron rodgers. He leads the league in rushing, and could possibly put up a 2,000 yard season and for the most part carried the vikings for a victory over aaron rodgers and the packers, despite his fumble late in the game. I have to give it to Adrian Peterson over Aaron Rodgers. Kurt Warner IS the NFL MVP, there is no doubt about it right now, I cannot think of any QB who is making as big of a difference for their team this year than Warner, and I bet that the majority of the NFL coaches implicitly agree.

Ngewo said...

umm, what about Flacco? Oh wait, you meant in a positive way.

J Offord said...

I think in the end the MVP will come down to Warner and Peterson since the Saints won't be in the playoff race much longer and Portis is hurt.

As for the rankings, I tend to lean more towards who I think would win a game against teams ranked lower than them, not by record. I just don't see the Jets beating any of the teams on top of them other than the Cardinals, who are one of the few teams high only because they will easily win their division. Seriously, look at who the Jets have beat and tell me again they should be higher...If they beat New England this week they will jump over New England, but not 8 spots because the Pats would most likely fall a few spots.

As for the Vikings, the same argument for the most part. However, I believe the middle of the pack teams are so even that it is basically anyone's guess at this point. From Dallas to Miami I think you could swap any of those teams and it would make sense, just look at Yahoo and ESPN's rankings...We are all in agreement on the bottom 9 teams, though....

And for all the Joe Flacco lovers out there, we'll see how he fares against a real defense this week...