Friday, September 19, 2008

Football Friday

This weekend should be a pretty good one for football. On the college front, PSU takes on Temple, which should end badly for the Owls. Right now, I have to say that I am very surprised by PSU. They look good, and I would love to see them step up and take the Big Ten, and shut up everyone who says how overrated the conference is and blah blah blah.

I mean, the Big East is god awful (anyone see WVU lose last night Colorado?), and to be honest so is the Pac10, hell aside from the SEC, well you get my point.

Moving on to the NFL. Another match up where my team plays a dreaded Philadelphia team (Temple is in Philly, right?), the Steelers take on the Eagles. The Eagles are coming off two weeks of offensive power, and the Steelers, well they have good defense.

Personally, I feel the Steelers will win, it will be close, it will be boring, which is generally what a Steelers game is like. Anyways, I am glad to be away from State College, cannot imagine how annoying that town will be when everyone gets drunk and rowdy. Both fanbases are annoying up there. Steelers songs, Eagles chants...ugh.

8 comments:

jason. said...

Am I the only one that hates most Steelers fans?

Ngewo said...

probably. most of us are steeler fans. well except keystone, gideon, and jso.

steelerfan said...

How can you hate me Jason when I don't even know you?

Ngewo said...

Mom...I am sure that Jason does not hate you personally, since he said most Steelers fans, but believe it or not, many of them can be quite obnoxious and a bit annoying. Trust me, go to any of the bars in State College when the Steelers are playing...

J Offord said...

Oh man, don't get me started:

a) a true Steelers fan would have LOVED the atmosphere in State College last time they played the Eagles. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

b) Eagles fans are much worse than Steelers fans. The only thing to not like about Steelers fans are the bandwagon ones who have no idea who is even on the team. Hello, Jerome Bettis is retired!

Anyway, I'll steer clear of this conversation...well, from now on at least...

Ngewo said...

Offord...apparently you did not go to MNF with me at the Darkhorse when the Eagles played the Packers on my birthday the year after the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Eagles and Steelers fans were being obnoxious and annoying. I am pretty sure Kern went over.

My problem is stupidity. I hate when people start arguing and it turns into meaningless chants "E-A-G-L-E-S!!!" or "One for the THUMB!!!" Shut up, let me enjoy my beer and wings.

And yes, bandwagon fans are annoying for any team in any sport. I will agree that Philadelphia fans suck. I had to live with a few and they all pissed me off on a regular basis.

I guess you have to deal with that in any sports market.

The Gideon said...

There really isn't that much Giants vs. Jets hate here in NY. Now that I think about it, most people I know just root for both teams. There are the few staunchly loyal fans here and there, but their taunts rarely get to the level I witnessed during some Eagles/Steelers games. That's just madness.

The Yankee - Met rivalry is another thing altogether...

The Gideon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.