Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Penn State Football

With PSU destroying Wisconsin over the weekend, and a bunch of other teams losing, the Nittany Lions have jumped to #3 in the polls. In my opinion they have a real shot of winning the national title this year. I tried to mention this to some people on Saturday, and I gave them this reasoning:

Back in '05, when they won the Orange Bowl, some people felt that if Texas or USC would have lost during the regular season, PSU would have gotten a shot at the national championship game, which to me always seemed like a bad idea. As much as I love PSU, I never felt they were in the same caliber as Texas or USC.

Fortunately this season, after watching Texas/Oklahoma, I truly believe that PSU is every bit as good as either team. I know some people will say that the Big Ten is weak this year, but come on, PSU has very talented playmakers on both offense and defense, the kind of thing that makes them dangerous, also the same kind of thing that makes national champions...

Plus, all those people ragging on the Big Ten, and talking up the SEC all year, well how well are those teams doing now? Also, aside from USC, the Pac Ten is a joke. The Big 12 is probably the dominant conference this year, with the SEC second, and the Big Ten third...

No comments: