Monday, October 20, 2008

Things that make you go hmmm...

I was just perusing some random entertainment blogs throughout the internets and came upon the results for winners for Spike TV's 2008 Scream Awards. It was pretty uninteresting until I came to the last award, for "Most Shocking Comic Book Twist". The winner was "The X-Men Disband After Professor X is Shot in the Head by Bishop".

What what what?*

Sure superheroes die in comics all the time, and I don't really follow them at all anymore, but with all the hoopla over Captain America's death I figured I would've heard more about this?! WTF!


* - Spoken like Sheila Broflovski. I can never figure out how to properly convey that via text.

1 comment:

Ngewo said...

Yeah, the reason that this has not been hyped up is because if you read anything about his history, he has "died" or been depowered, or disappeared so many times that it's no longer a real story.

The next big comic book death might be Batman. The R.I.P. storyline hints that Bruce might be his own worst enemy, like split personality, a criminal mastermind who has set up a way to destroy the Batman...so far the story has been, odd.

Unfortunately only the really iconic characters make the news when they die, such as Cap or Superman...although both of those deaths may have gotten hyped because of slow news days.