Friday, March 6, 2009

He thinks he can He thinks he can...

Now it's being rumored A-rod will forego hip surgery and rehab during spring training instead. He's going to try to play through the injury this season, and then go for the surgery in the offseason.

I see this as a problem for him and the Yankees this year. In the back of his mind he's going to be thinking of that hip all year. His numbers will suffer, as will his defense due to him going to physically limit himself at third. His range will be decreased, but luckily range isn't a huge factor at the hot corner. With, I believe, both aspects of his game taking a hit this season, he does himself and the Yankees a disservice, which I am ok with. My predictions about the Yankees were made well in advance before A-Rods injury, and now I think it makes the Yankees a little worse, which would defend my predictions of yesterday.

I am thinking his numbers this year will be similar to last year, but playing in 145+ games. I think the numbers he put up last year were in like 110-120 games. Do you guys agree with me? Do you think this affects his fantasy draft status? Do you believe this is also going to revise your predictions about the yankees and their standing in the AL?

2 comments:

J Offord said...

Well I had my first fantasy draft in a public league last week I set up for practice, and I picked him with the #2 pick. In retrospect, I probably would have drafted Wright or Pujols, but too late now. My offense in that league is ridiculous btw...I could provide my lineup if anyone cares.

Unknown said...

I've had 2 drafts myself already, on yahoo...and 2 more on MLB.com, which i kind of like. You don't draft pitchers, just the team of pitchers. Kind of like the def/spt slot in fantasy football.

By the way, I won't be at your fantasy draft on sunday, i have to work a double. But, I already pre-ranked my players, so no worries...i hope. And I think I'm changing my draft time for my league for a weekday evening, but we'll see.