Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Reinstituting infinite waiver moves...

Gideon, if you can get another 1 in addition to your friend that would be awesome. I had to reinstitute, as you say, the infinite transactions to get 3 guys back into the league. I didn't want to cave, but I did it for the better of competition.

Though I have brought back the infinite waiver wire move rule, I am not going to lessen the 25 man roster. I'm under the belief if everyone has a larger bench, that will assist in taking away some of the lower to middle tier pitchers that singer et al., would continuously switch out on their rosters, and give back the advantage of equal competition for people who don't have the time to sit on a computer and constantly monitor waiver moves. I am actually considering moving roster numbers up to 28 or 30, so as to even out the odds against the infinte waiver strategem further, but thought that may be too drastic and would make the draft run-time too long.

As Offord asked for his draft, if you guys can give me your next 3 or 4 best available evenings to do the draft that would be awesome. If anyone can scrounge together 2 more players that would greatly assist in usurping the infinite waiver tyrants and taking care of fantasy managers crossing the fantasy baseball lines even if it is within the rules; Kind of like steroids in baseball through the 90's.

Again, please give me your next 3 or 4 available days, I'm going to change it again today to tuesday evening of next week at 8 pm if it's available. It would be best if all of us could get something together during the first half of a week (monday-thursday), so we can have the maximum amount of people present for the draft. Also, let me know what you guys think about expanding the roster sizes further. If you think it would be too much, no biggie, I'm just trying to find some way to see if singer et al., can win the right way. In all honesty, I doubt he would be able to compete. Dave can compete under any set of rules, but I don't think singer can.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, i just realized I set it so it would be an hour and a half after offords. Anyone have a problem with doing 2 straight drafts?

Unknown said...

nevermind...I switched it again.

Unknown said...

alright, i'm an idiot...its back to 1 hour after offords.

J Offord said...

1 hr after mine won't work, they take upwards of 2 hours. I'm up for switching mine to whenever...I just can't do it Friday night or Saturday afternoon-night.

Unknown said...

well i could change it to 10 oclock now instead, or would that be too late for everyone?

J Offord said...

Hmm. Leigh would not be happy with that...

How about we just push one of them back...once again

Ngewo said...

Are they both on tuesday?? On St. Patty's day? My only day off, my only day to get royally drunk and make fun of Irish people...

J Offord said...

Fine, I'll move it back again. Running out of time haha

Unknown said...

alright i'll change it again as well

J Offord said...

Mine is now Wednesday at 8. Anyone have issues with that?

Unknown said...

i won't be able to make it, i'm working. But, it's no big deal, I set up my pre-draft rankings and I have playerson there I don't think anyone would even think of drafting...I'm a risk taker, what can i say.

J Offord said...

Well if that was true you could just draft other players, trade them away, then pick your rando's up off free agency...but I digress.

When did you start working so much? And please tell me if you went back to ENP you are at least an assistant manager...

Unknown said...

HELL NO! I did not go back to eat n park. I'm instead still a lowly server, but at the lone star steak house in robinson. I have to say when there's a little alcohol involved, tips are waaaay better...

and I have those lower players last on my pre rankings, so it's no big deal...it'll just shuffle those guys ahead of the rest of the players i don't want to touch