Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Benjamin Button

I just saw this on Friday, and I won't elaborate since Josh already discussed the movie. I'll just say, that it was a good movie, but I couldn't help but feel it was Forrest Gumpish with sadder music. The whole movie was a bit...downbeat. But, it was still an emotional film that stirred me during the movie, but left little impact afterwards. Then, I found out yesterday that it's written by the same guys that wrote Gump! Um..I appreciate your imagination, but come on. There were obvious themes used in both movies, including the caring mom, silly catch phrases, troubles walking as a child, boats, war, hot girl that has an off and on relationship with the main character that ends sadly, a child that the main character worries will be like him, a roughback friend introducing Ben/Forrest to hookers, and so on and so on. For those reasons, I put this below Slumdog Millionaire and The Wrestler, above The Reader. I'm still going to try to see Frost/Nixon and Milk, but my budget is thin and I'm starting to get movie'd out. I will admit, Brad Pitt was pretty good, and Cate Blanchett probably deserved an Oscar nom just because she pulled off a very hot young girl and a distinguished older lady.

No comments: