Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fantasy Baseball

Here's the new league. It has been revised from last year, has some new rules and new statistical categories. First, the major rule change is I changed the settings on waiver move limitations to 50 in a season. The max teams is now 12, and hopefully we get that many people interested.

It is a 25 man roster, which is i think like 4 or 5 players more than last year, so everyone needs to do there research. I figured we should expand the roster since I have substantially shrunk the amount of waiver move allowances. No more 100+ moves waiver moves like last season. There is one player per offensive position plus 1 utility, 3 starting pitcher, 3 relief pitcher, 3 pitcher positions, and 7 bench positions.

The 2 new statistical categories I added, I believe to be 2 of the more underrated stats in baseball. I added them to make other relief pitchers relevant in case we actually do get 12 teams together for the league and because we have such a large roster. One new stat category for offense will be On Base Percentage, and the new one for pitching will be Holds. I was considering doing K's per 9 Innings, but I thought Holds limited the amount of valuable relief pitchers a little better.

If you guys think any of the rules or stats should change, we can take a vote on it later. If you're interested in making this a money league I can come up with the amount and how we will dish out the money throughout the course of the season. Of course we could always just make our stat guy Offord come up with a plan for that.

Also, if you guys wanted to...there is a slim chance we can get 12 guys to agree to this...but I thought it could be fun to find a central location where all of us could get together for a baseball draft. I know there's slim chance, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Anyways, sign up now, I'm going to be sending out emails to other friends to join up. Hopefully we get the 12. Do your research, I think this is going to be an interesting season.

In case the link doesn't work:

League Id #:46947
League Name: Great Googly Moogly
Password: roids

8 comments:

J Offord said...

I just made a league as well:

ID: 49293
Pass: pirates
Draft March 8 @ 7pm

We don't have to use it, but it's there if we find enough people. Maybe you can do a league with like Kevin, Chris p and Kev P, Ruskin, Dave, just like our football league. And I can do one with you, Josh, Gideon, Imler, some of my other friends that I may be able to get, and anyone else. Might be unrealistic to think we could get that many people, but let me know what you think.

Unknown said...

the patanes and kevin don't watch or care about baseball

J Offord said...

I see. Well, we'll just try to fill up your league and then if we have more people move to mine.

I added some cool categories...thought it might be fun to have Quality Starts and OPS involved.

Ngewo said...

If we get enough for two leagues, that's awesome, i'll play twice.

I am all four making it a money league. Definitely get Gideon and Imler. As of now, it would be:

Me, Offord, Kern, Gideon, Imler, Singer (i am guessing he will want to defend), Ruskin and Dave (they do it every year)

I am sure we can get a few more people...

The new stats sound good. I would have preferred OPS over OBP, but whatever. Same with k/9 over holds, but, that could end up being one of those things that someone with a bunch of awesome closers would probably dominate...

I have no problem with the waiver amounts, i talked about this much at the end of the year last year, so I will not rehash my thoughts on the subject.

Now, I must work on my team name...

Ngewo said...

Kern...I thought last year you and I said we were going back to two utility players, or did I hallucinate that?

Unknown said...

you know what i think you're right...i'm switching it now...2 utility, 6 bench

jason's sense of said...

alright, i'm in for both leagues, i'll sign up after i teach my class tonight at home.

i'm up for a physical draft somewhere. provided its a weekend.

Ngewo said...

Imler, you hafta also join Offord's league. My team name depends on it.